Stylographic pen, a pen with a conical point like that of a style, combined with a reservoir for supplying it with ink.Stylographic pencil, a pencil used in stylography.

(Sty`lo*graph"ic*al) a. Same as Stylographic, 1.Sty`lo*graph"ic*al*ly, adv.

(Sty*log"ra*phy) n. [Style + -graphy.] A mode of writing or tracing lines by means of a style on cards or tablets.

(Sty`lo*hy"al) n. [Stylo- + the Gr. letter .] (Anat.) A segment in the hyoidean arch between the epihyal and tympanohyal.

(Sty`lo*hy"oid) a. (Anat.) Of or pertaining to the styloid process and the hyoid bone.

(Sty"loid) a. [Style + - oid: cf. F. styloïde, Gr. .]

1. Styliform; as, the styloid process.

2. (Anat.) Of or pertaining to the styloid process.

Styloid process(Anat.), a long and slender process from the lower side of the temporal bone of man, corresponding to the tympanohyal and stylohyal of other animals.

(Sty`lo*mas"toid) a. (Anat.) Of or pertaining to the styloid and mastoid processes of the temporal bone.

(Sty`lo*max"il*la*ry) a. (Anat.) Of or pertaining to the styloid process and the maxilla.

(Styl"ist), n. One who is a master or a model of style, especially in writing or speaking; a critic of style.

Distinguished as a stylist, for ease.
Fitzed. Hall.

(Sty*lis"tic) a. Of or pertaining to style in language. [R.] "Stylistic trifles." J. A. Symonds.

The great stylistic differences in the works ascribed to him [Wyclif].
G. P. Marsh.

(Sty"lite) n. [Gr. fr. a pillar.] (Eccl. Hist.) One of a sect of anchorites in the early church, who lived on the tops of pillars for the exercise of their patience; — called also pillarist and pillar saint.

(Sty"lo-) A combining form used in anatomy to indicate connection with, or relation to, the styloid process of the temporal bone; as, stylohyal, stylomastoid, stylomaxillary.

(Sty"lo*bate) n. [L. stylobates, stylobata, Gr. a pillar + one that treads, fr. to go.] (Arch.) The uninterrupted and continuous flat band, coping, or pavement upon which the bases of a row of columns are supported. See Sub-base.

(Sty`lo*glos"sal) a. [Stylo- + glossal.] (Anat.) Of or pertaining to styloid process and the tongue.

(Sty"lo*graph) n. A stylographic pen.

(Sty`lo*graph"ic) a.

1. Of or pertaining to stylography; used in stylography; as, stylographic tablets.

2. Pertaining to, or used in, stylographic pen; as, stylographic ink.

  By PanEris using Melati.

Previous chapter/page Back Home Email this Search Discuss Bookmark Next chapter/page
Copyright: All texts on Bibliomania are © Ltd, and may not be reproduced in any form without our written permission.
See our FAQ for more details.