Stubborn to Sublime
1. Obstinate, unyielding, inflexible, positive, contumacious, refractory, perverse, headstrong, wilful, dogged,
mulish, unruly, unmanageable, ungovernable, intractable, indocile, heady, cross-grained, obdurate.
2. Persevering, persistent, steady, constant, unremitting.
3. Stiff, unpliant, inflexible, firm, tough, hard, strong.
4. Hardy, firm, enduring, stoical, uncomplaining.
5. Refractory, difficult of fusion.
Stubby, a. Blunt, obtuse, truncated, stubbed, short and thick.
Stucco, v. a. Cover with stucco.
Stucco, n. Plaster (for covering walls and ceilings), mortar, cement.
Stuckle, n. See Stook.
1. Post, prop, support.
2. Knob (for ornament), boss.
3. Button (for a shirt-bosom).
1. Scholar, pupil, learner.
2. Scholar, bookish man.
3. Close examiner, observer.
Stud-horse, n. See Stallion.
1. Well-considered, closely examined, carefully read.
2. Well-versed, learned, qualified by study, skilled.