1. Roughness, ruggedness, unevenness.
2. Artlessness, inelegance.
3. Ignorance, uncouthness, barbarousness, clownishness.
4. Coarseness, incivility, impoliteness, insolence, impertinence, pertness, sauciness, surliness, gruffness,
churlishness, currishness, presumption, effrontery, face, assurance, brass, ill-breeding.
5. Violence, boisterousness, severity, inclemency, tempestuousness, storminess.
6. Violence, impetuosity, fierceness.
1. Embryo, rude state, starting-point.
2. Element, first principle, essential point.
1. Embryonic, rudimentary.
2. Elementary, primary, initial.
Rudimentary, a. See Rudimental.
Rue, v. a. Regret, deplore, lament, repent of, be sorry for, grieve for.
1. Doleful, mournful, woful, sorrowful, lamentable.
2. Melancholy, sad, sorrowful, piteous, pitiful, grievous, lugubrious, dismal.
Ruff, n. Ruffle.
Ruffian, n. Villain, miscreant, caitiff, rascal, scoundrel, wretch, monster, robber, cut-throat, murderer.
Ruffian, a. Savage, brutal, savagely boisterous, tumultuous, raging, violent.