Direction to Discourse
2. Tendency, line of motion.
3. Course, bearing, point of compass.
4. Management, oversight, superintendence, government, control, conduct.
5. Guidance, lead.
6. Order, command, prescription.
7. Address, superscription.
1. In a straight line, in a straight course.
2. Expressly, absolutely, unambiguously, openly, without circumlocution.
3. Immediately, quickly, promptly, speedily, soon, presently, forthwith, instantly, instanter, in a short time,
1. Superintendent, manager, boss.
2. Guide, counsellor, adviser, instructor, mentor, monitor.
Direful, a. Dreadful, fearful, horrible, terrible, shocking, horrid, terrific, awful, tremendous. See dire.
Dirge, n. Elegy, funeral song, mournful song, requiem, burial hymn, coronach.
Dirt, Filth, foul matter.
1. Unclean, foul, filthy, nasty, soiled, begrimed.
2. Clouded, cloudy, dark, sullied, dull.