Allopathy to Amelioration
Allopathy, n. Heteropathy.
Allot, v. a.
1. Distribute, divide, measure, apportion, deal, dispense, parcel out, deal out, give out, mete out, portion
2. Assign, appoint, destine, destinate, grant, give.
1. Apportionment, distribution, partition, dole.
2. Assignment, appointment, grant, gift.
3. Share, part, portion, lot, quota, contingent.
Allow, v. a.
1. Admit, acknowledge, confess, own, concede, grant.
2. Permit, let, authorize, grant leave to, give permission to.
3. Suffer, tolerate, endure, bear, put up with, bear with.
4. Grant, give, yield, relinquish, spare.
5. Approve, sanction, justify.
6. Remit, abate, bate, deduct.
Allow, v. n. Make allowance or provision. [Followed by for.]
Allowable, a. Permissible, admissible, lawful, proper, justifiable, warrantable.
1. Permission, leave, license, permit, authorization, connivance, sanction, authority, approval, approbation,
2. Admission, acknowledgment, concession, assent.
3. Grant for support, stated maintenance, commission.