(Sweat"y) a. [Compar. Sweatier ; superl. Sweatiest.]
1. Moist with sweat; as, a sweaty skin; a sweaty garment.
2. Consisting of sweat; of the nature of sweat.
No noisome whiffs or sweaty streams.Swift.
3. Causing sweat; hence, laborious; toilsome; difficult. "The sweaty forge." Prior.
(Swede) n. [Cf. G. Schwede.]
1. A native or inhabitant of Sweden.
2. (Bot.) A Swedish turnip. See under Turnip.
(Swe`den*bor"gi*an) n. One who holds the doctrines of the New Jerusalem church, as
taught by Emanuel Swedenborg, a Swedish philosopher and religious writer, who was born a. d. 1688
and died 1772. Swedenborg claimed to have intercourse with the spiritual world, through the opening of
his spiritual senses in 1745. He taught that the Lord Jesus Christ, as comprehending in himself all the
fullness of the Godhead, is the one only God, and that there is a spiritual sense to the Scriptures, which
he (Swedenborg) was able to reveal, because he saw the correspondence between natural and spiritual
(Swe`den*bor"gi*an), a. Of or pertaining to Swedenborg or his views.