Destroy to Diatribe
Destroy, v. a.
1. Demolish, overturn, overthrow, subvert, raze, ruin, throw down, pull down, break up, sap the foundations
2. Annihilate, quench, take away, put an end to, bring to nought.
3. Waste, ravage, desolate, devastate, devour, lay waste, make desolate, swallow up, ravage with fire
4. Extirpate, eradicate, uproot, kill, slay, extinguish, carry off, root out, grub up, pluck up by the roots, cut
up root and branch, strike at the root of, give a death-blow to, scatter to the winds.
1. Demolition, subversion, overthrow, ruin, havoc, shipwreck.
2. Desolation, devastation, ravage.
3. Eradication, extirpation, extinction, ruin.
4. Death, slaughter, murder, massacre.
5. Destroyer, destroying agent, plague.
1. Ruinous, pernicious, deleterious, baleful, mischievous, fatal, deadly.
2. [With of.] Extirpative, eradicative, annihilatory.
Desuetude, n. Disuse, discontinuance, non-observance, obsoleteness or obsolescence.
Desultory, a. Immethodical, unconnected, unsystematic, irregular, fitful, capricious, rambling, wandering,
roving, discursive, cursory, slight, by fits and starts.
Detach, v. a.
1. Separate, disjoin, disengage, disunite, sever, dissever, part, divide.
2. Detail, send away, appoint to a special service.