Adumbration to Affirmative
1. Shadowing forth, faint sketch, faint representation, indistinct image, shadowy outline, dim approximation.
2. Type, image, shadow, symbol, premonition, dark prophecy, foreshadowing, prefiguring, presage, prototype,
Aduncous, a. Crooked, hooked, bent, curved.
Adust, a. Burned, scorched, fiery, parched, dried up, shrivelled, brown, bronzed.
Advance, v. a.
1. Push, send, or set forward or onward, propel, bring forward, move toward the front.
2. Promote, aggrandize, exalt, elevate, dignify, raise to preferment, raise to higher rank.
3. Forward, further, promote, improve, strengthen, benefit, make better, encourage the progress of.
4. Allege, adduce, propose, offer, assign, propound, bring forward, lay down.
5. Pay beforehand, supply beforehand, furnish on credit, lend, loan.
6. Increase (as price), enhance, augment, raise, make greater, make higher.
Advance, v. n.
1. Proceed, progress, make progress, make way, get forward, go forward, get on, go on, get along,
come on, gain ground, rise.
2. Improve, grow, thrive, prosper, make improvement.
1. Progress, progression, procedure, movement to the front, march, way, moving forward.
2. Improvement, growth, advancement, rise, enhancement, progress, promotion, preferment.
3. Payment beforehand, anticipated payment, loan.
4. Tender, offer, proposal, proposition, proffer, overture, addresses.