Aback to Abominable
Aback, ad. Back, backward, rearward, regressively, to the rear.
Abaft, prep. (Naut.) Behind, back of, in the rear of.
Abaft, ad. (Naut.) Aft, astern, behind, back, rearward, in the rear.
Abalienate, v. a.
1. Alienate, estrange.
2. (Law.) Alienate, transfer, convey, demise, make over, deliver over
Abalienation, n. (Law.) Alienation, transfer, demise, conveyance.
Abandon, v. a.
1. Leave, relinquish, quit, forsake, desert, evacuate, drop, abjure, forswear, give over, cast off, retire
from, withdraw from.
2. Surrender, cede, yield, resign, forego, renounce, waive, vacate, deliver up, give up, part with, let go,
lay down, demit. See abdicate.
1. Relinquished, deserted, forsaken, cast away, rejected, discarded, given up, given over, cast off, cast
aside, thrown overboard, demitted.
2. Depraved, corrupted, corrupt, profligate, vicious, sinful, wicked, dissolute, reprobate, graceless, shameless,
unprincipled, lost, obdurate, hardened, impenitent, incorrigible, irreclaimable, demoralized, lost to shame,
dead to honor.
1. Abandoning, relinquishment, desertion, dereliction.
2. Renunciation, surrender, cession, resignation, abnegation, abjuration, rejection, demission. See abdication.
Abase, v. a.
1. Depress, detrude, lower, reduce, drop, sink, stoop, cast down, let down, throw down, let fall.
2. Degrade, humble, disgrace, dishonor, humiliate, debase, bring low, take down.