2. A vessel employed for transporting, especially for carrying soldiers, warlike stores, or provisions, from
one place to another, or to convey convicts to their destination; called also transport ship, transport
3. Vehement emotion; passion; ecstasy; rapture.
With transport views the airy rule his own,Pope.
And swells on an imaginary throne.
Say not, in transports of despair,Doddridge.
That all your hopes are fled.
4. A convict transported, or sentenced to exile.
(Trans*port`a*bil"i*ty) n. The quality or state of being transportable.
(Trans*port"a*ble) a. [Cf. F. transportable.]
1. Capable of being transported.
2. Incurring, or subject to, the punishment of transportation; as, a transportable offense.
(Trans*port"al) n. Transportation; the act of removing from one locality to another. "The
transportal of seeds in the wool or fur of quadrupeds." Darwin.
(Trans*port"ance) n. Transportation. [Obs.] "Give me swift transportance." Shak.
(Trans*port"ant) a. Transporting; avishing; as, transportant love. [Obs.] Dr. H. More.
(Trans`por*ta"tion) n. [L. transportatio: cf. F. transportation.]
1. The act of transporting, or the state of being transported; carriage from one place to another; removal; conveyance.
To provide a vessel for their transportation.Sir H. Wotton.
2. Transport; ecstasy. [R.] South.
(Trans*port"ed) a. Conveyed from one place to another; figuratively, carried away with passion
or pleasure; entranced. Trans*port"ed*ly, adv. Trans*port"ed*ness, n.
(Trans*port"er) n. One who transports.
(Trans*port"ing), a. That transports; fig., ravishing.
Your transporting chords ring out.Keble.
(Trans*port"ing*ly), adv. So as to transport.
(Trans*port"ment) n. The act of transporting, or the state of being transported; transportation.
(Trans*pos"a*ble) a. That may transposed; as, a transposable phrase.
(Trans*pos"al) n. The act of transposing, or the state of being transposed; transposition.
(Trans*pose") v. t. [imp. & p. p. Transposed ; p. pr. & vb. n. Transposing.] [F. transposer; pref.
trans- (L. trans across) + poser to put. See Pose.]