2. To act; to take action; to stir; to begin to act; as, to move in a matter.
3. To change residence; to remove, as from one house, town, or state, to another.
4. (Chess, Checkers, etc.) To change the place of a piece in accordance with the rules of the game.
1. The act of moving; a movement.
2. (Chess, Checkers, etc.) The act of moving one of the pieces, from one position to another, in the
progress of the game.
3. An act for the attainment of an object; a step in the execution of a plan or purpose.
To make a move. (a) To take some action. (b) To move a piece, as in a game. To be on the
move, to bustle or stir about. [Colloq.]