(Jew"el*ry) n. [Cf. F. joaillerie.]
1. The art or trade of a jeweler. Cotgrave.
2. Jewels, collectively; as, a bride's jewelry.
(Jew"el*weed`) n. (Bot.) See Impatiens.
(Jew"ess), n., fem. of Jew. A Hebrew woman.
(Jew"fish`) n. (Zoöl.)
1. A very large serranoid fish (Promicrops itaiara) of Florida and the Gulf of Mexico. It often reaches the
weight of five hundred pounds. Its color is olivaceous or yellowish, with numerous brown spots. Called
also guasa, and warsaw.
2. A similar gigantic fish (Stereolepis gigas) of Southern California, valued as a food fish.
3. The black grouper of Florida and Texas.
4. A large herringlike fish; the tarpum.
(Jew*ise") n. Same as Juise. [Obs.] Chaucer.
(Jew"ish) a. Of or pertaining to the Jews or Hebrews; characteristic of or resembling the Jews or
their customs; Israelitish. Jew"ish*ly, adv. Jew"ish*ness, n.