1. Disposing; tending to regulate; decretive. [Obs.]
His dispositive wisdom and power.Bates.
2. Belonging to disposition or natural, tendency. [Obs.] "Dispositive holiness." Jer. Taylor.
(Dis*pos"i*tive*ly), adv. In a dispositive manner; by natural or moral disposition. [Obs.]
Sir T. Browne.
Do dispositively what Moses is recorded to have done literally, . . . break all the ten commandments at
(Dis*pos"it*or) n. [L. See Disposition.]
1. A disposer.
2. (Astrol.) The planet which is lord of the sign where another planet is. [Obs.] Crabb.
(Dis`pos*sess") v. t. [imp. & p. p. Dispossessed ; p. pr. & vb. n. Dispossessing.] [Pref.
dis- + possess: cf. F. déposséder.] To put out of possession; to deprive of the actual occupancy of, particularly
of land or real estate; to disseize; to eject; usually followed by of before the thing taken away; as, to
dispossess a king of his crown.
Usurp the land, and dispossess the swain.Goldsmith.
(Dis`pos*ses"sion) n. [Cf. F. dépossession.]
1. The act of putting out of possession; the state of being dispossessed. Bp. Hall.
2. (Law) The putting out of possession, wrongfully or otherwise, of one who is in possession of a freehold,
no matter in what title; called also ouster.
(Dis`pos*sess"or) n. One who dispossesses. Cowley.
(Dis*post") v. t. To eject from a post; to displace. [R.] Davies
(Dis*po"sure) n. [From Dispose.]
1. The act of disposing; power to dispose of; disposal; direction.
My estate to his disposure.
2. Disposition; arrangement; position; posture. [Obs.]
In a kind of warlike disposure.Sir H. Wotton.
(Dis*prais"a*ble) a. Blamable. [R.]
(Dis*praise") v. t. [imp. & p. p. Dispraised ; p. pr. & vb. n. Dispraising.] [OE. dispreisen,
OF. desprisier, despreisier, F. dépriser; pref. des- (L. dis-) + prisier, F. priser, to prize, praise. See
Praise, and cf. Disprize, Depreciate.] To withdraw praise from; to notice with disapprobation or some
degree of censure; to disparage; to blame.
Dispraising the power of his adversaries.Chaucer.
I dispraised him before the wicked, that the wicked might not fall in love with him.Shak.